Monday, December 19, 2011

I’m proud that my father is passing this exam

Sasha was just 10 years old when authorities in Uzbekistan burst into her family’s home to arrest her father, Dmitry Shestakov, for preaching the gospel. Although Sasha was devastated by her father’s imprisonment, she was encouraged by his commitment to the church.

“I am proud of my father’s strength, that God gives him power,” she said. “I’m proud that my father is passing this exam. He is in prison because he is pastor of a church. I ask you to pray for him.”

Praise the Lord, Sasha’s prayers were answered this year when her father was released after serving four years in prison.

(excerpted from Voice of the Martyrs newsletter, December 2011)

(To receive new uMarko posts via a daily email, please click Subscribe)
(On Twitter: FOLLOW uMarko or http://www.twitter.com/uMarko)

No comments:

Post a Comment